EMS Components Assembly, Inc (EMSCAI) is a contract manufacturer of electronics and semiconductor products that offers manufacturing solutions.
EMSCAI services include Microelectronics Assembly & Inspection, Value added Subcontracting, Manufacturing Management and Full Product Assembly/Turnkey.
Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
Why do we collect your personal data?
To enable us to comply with corporate policies of EMSCAI, putting interest of its employees as a top priority, it is important that EMSCAI collects, uses, stores and retains your personal data when it is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
1. To perform functions necessary to deliver the services, goods and other products offered by EMSCAI:
• To respond to customer, investor and/or vendor inquiries, complaints and requests
• To inform (through telephone call, SMS or email) about product and service updates
• To facilitate transactions between the customer and the company with regards to the provision of manpower and the supply of manufacturing components
2. To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations and perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under any law or regulation;
Other uses by nature of our transactions
In addition, from the general uses mentioned above, we may use your personal information depending on your transactions with us in any of the following means:
A.) When you apply for work into our company [for applicants]:
• To obtain and consolidate the documents you have submitted for application to the company;
• To assess your application requirements, then consider and evaluate your suitability for employment through screening and background investigation;
• To communicate with you about your employment application; and,
• With your permission, to inform and consider you for future job opportunities that may be of interest to you.
B.) When you will become a part of our team [for employment]:
• When hired, to process your data necessary for your employment such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, and other purposes that demand processing of your personal data such as compliance with government requirements;
• While employed, to assess your health condition through annual physical exams and other medical transactions, monitor accidents/incidents, comply with obligations under law and as required by various government agencies, ensure proper security management and conduct performance evaluation and career development including seminars, trainings, workshops, and compliance monitoring;
• While employed, to process your data necessary for the execution of business transactions directly related and/or incidental to your job, business travels, anniversaries, social activities, emergencies;
• If deployed to clients, to provide their requested documents such as List of Employees to be Deployed and Medical Results, among others;
• If you joined Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities, to monitor the volunteers and your participation in different CSR activities such as Blood Donation, Medical/Dental Mission, BalikEskwela Program, Outreach Programs and DENR Activities;
• If you were chosen to be a TESDA/SEIPI scholar, to monitor your attendance and performance during the training and to comply with their requirements by submitting necessary documents such as, but not limited to, voucher, Attestation Form, Attendance Sheets, Enrollment Report and Terminal Report;
• Upon separation, to formalize and process your resignation, create historical and statistical data of your employment, comply with obligations under law and as required by government agencies and facilitate employee benefits such as final pay and pension, if applicable; and,
• With your permission, for disclosure to banks to process your loans.
C.) When you are a vendor, a potential vendor, or a contractor [for vendors/suppliers]:
• To evaluate your proposal including manpower, technical and operational capacity;
• To assess the viability of your proposal and process of accreditation;
• To communicate any decision on such proposal and issue a contract; and,
• To perform any other action as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract
D.) When you enter the company premises [for visitors]:
• To observe your movements within the company premises;
• To process your request in accessing our building premises;
• To ensure that only authorized personnel have access to the Company facilities;
• To assure the safety and security of EMSCAI employees, its visitors, and its properties; and,
• To ensure proper security management and monitoring in connection with EMSCAI’s adherence to its policies.
E.) When you inquire or acquire products and/or services [for customers]:
• To administer the sale and turnover of products purchased and/or services acquired, which includes the preparation of all documentation leading to the transfer of the product and/or provision of services together with necessary documents (e.g., List of Employees to be Deployed and Medical Results) as a result of transaction;
• To update our records and keep your contact details and billing address up to date;
• To facilitate customer audit for you to understand and evaluate our current company practices; and,
• To perform any other action as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract
F.) When you choose to purchase shares and be a part of the company [for stockholders]:
• To facilitate the registration of the company permits and licenses, and other statutory requirements requiring the approval of stockholders
What type of personal data we collect?
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our product, services, and promotions. We process information also to respond to your enquiries or manage future interactive user function. The common type of data collected by EMSCAI from you, generally includes the following:
• Personal information such as your full name, nickname, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers, gender, username and password;
• Sensitive personal information such as your age, marital status, health, educational background and government issued identification document which includes, but not limited to identity (ID) cards, licenses, social security number;
• Employment record such as your employment history, certifications, trainings attended, resume and income information of your previous jobs; and
• Family background such as their name, contact number, birthday, age, civil status, occupation, current company, income and grade level, as applicable.
You are responsible for ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to EMSCAI is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How we collect, acquire or generate your data?
We collect data when you:
• Submit a job application
• Submit a proposal and/or business-related documents
• Fill-out our forms and submit necessary documents;
• Submit information through any form on our digital platforms or contact us through any of our social media accounts;
• Purchase any of our products or services provided;
• Provide personal information in relation to inquiries, requests, and complaints, and,
• Disclose your personal information through telephone calls, emails, SMS or verbal communication with our authorized representatives.
Do our websites use web analytics?
Cookies are small files that our website puts on your personal computer (PC) to store information about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing our website to remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit our website. If you don't want our website to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from our website letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view our website.
For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
• Your internet protocol (IP) address,
• The search terms you used,
• The pages and internal links accessed on our site,
• Demographics (limited to
• The date and time you visited the site, including frequency of visits
• Your operating system, and
• Web browser type.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive cookies or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
What about the links to third-party websites?
Who we share your data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as listed below.
By giving your consent, you authorize EMSCAI to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
• The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
• Our affiliates, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
• Law enforcement and government agencies;
How we protect your data?
• We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
• We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
• Any personal data that you provide on the https://emscai.com is initially processed and stored by EMSCAI. Using a secured connection, only authorized EMSCAI personnel can then access and download your personal data from the system.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
• Changing password regularly also helps to secure your data from unauthorized access.
Where and how long do we keep your data?
All data are preserved in accordance with the following retention standards:
1. If the data subject has an existing contract and transaction with EMSCAI, the information will be retained all throughout the contract period and on such period based on retention policy after its completion.
2. If the data subject has no existing contract but has existing transaction with EMSCAI, the information will be retained during the transaction and on such period based on retention policy after its fulfillment.
3. If the data subject has no existing contract and transaction with EMSCAI, the information will be retained for a period of based on retention policy.
Personal data are stored in our facilities located in the Philippines and are retained in accordance with the above parameters, industry standards, laws and regulations, unless you request that your personal data be deleted from our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location
The Data Privacy Officer may, however, choose not to grant access or correct information based on the request following laws and regulations. He/she will give the individual a written notice that sets out the reason for the refusal.
How you can access, correct and update the personal information we have about you?
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
117-A Technology Avenue, Laguna Technopark - Special Economic Zone, Biñan Laguna
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Any action to a request for correction, erasure and/or objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records is subject to applicable laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.